Gilmour Braul Hiebert Law Office is a local firm with offices in Winkler, Morden, and Altona, MB. We provide a wide range of legal services including Real Estate, Corporate and Commercial, Wills, Estate Administration, Civil Litigation, and Family Law.
Gary Gilmour has been practicing law in Winkler for more than 40 years!
He has successfully navigated a wide network of clients through various legal challenges to help them reach their desired goal. He handles legal matters of all sizes and all facets of law, from residential conveyancing to complex commercial transactions.
Prior to the launch of Gilmour Braul Hiebert Law Office, Gary operated his own practice for more than 15 years. As a growing team, they have a law firm with a greater capacity and presence in the Pembina Valley.
Gary also dedicates himself to the community in the following ways.
- Teaching legal courses at Red River College.
- Organizing numerous blood donor clinics in Altona and Winkler.
- Board member of the Winkler Community Foundation.
- Board member of the Lutheran Church of Canada.
Due to his commitment to the community, Gary was recognized as the 2013 Winkler Citizen of the Year.
In 2021, he was awarded the Manitoba 150 medal. Presented by Canada Life, this initiative recognizes 150 people from across the province who stand out for their role in making Manitoba such an amazing province.
Loren Braul provides a wide range of legal services in Real Estate, Municipal, Corporate and Commercial Law, Wills and Estate Administration, Civil Litigation, and Family Matters.
Prior to law school, Loren travelled extensively, completed university degrees in peace studies and theology, and worked as a labour representative, all of which significantly informed his perspective on what it means to provide respectful, meaningful, and persuasive representation.
With a passion for livable communities, Loren actively volunteers his time with the following organizations:
- Regional Connections – Vice Chair (2016-2017), Chair (2017-2021), Past Chair (2021-present)
- Altona Community Foundation – Chair of Asset Development Committee (2016-2019), Vice-President (2018-21), President (2021-present)
- Altona Mennonite Church – Vice Moderator 2018, Moderator (2019-present)
- Neubergthal Heritage Foundation – Board Member (2016-17)
- Canadian Mennonite University – Board of Governors Member at Large (2019-present)
Loren also helps maintains the Buffalo Creek Skating Trail near Altona, MB to encourage local, outdoor activity in Winter.
Nichole Hiebert is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the bar in 2003. She has provided legal advice to businesses at all stages of development, including small start ups, family-owned businesses and publicly listed corporations.
Nichole’s practice focuses on Business Law, but also includes Real Estate, Wills and Estates, Municipal Law and Collaborative Family Law. In her practice she:
- advises business owners on how to best structure their business and navigate legal issues and business impacts
- works with families purchasing or selling their home, farm, or investment property;
- assists clients by preparing their Power of Attorney, Health Care Directive and Will and supports Executors in the estate administration process;
- helps Family Law clients come to a negotiated settlement and creates Co-Habitation, Prenuptial and Separation Agreements.
Nichole is an avid hockey parent and a proud member and volunteer of the Winkler Minor Hockey Association. During the hockey season you can find her cheering for her sons’ teams at their games. Off the ice you can find her supporting law students as she teaches “Legal Negotiation” at the University of Manitoba.
Locally, Nichole serves on the Board of Directors of United Way Pembina Valley and believes strongly in supporting local businesses.
Karlie joined the Gilmour Braul Hiebert Law Office as an Articling Student in 2019 after graduating from the University of Victoria Law School. In 2020, she joined the firm as an Associate Lawyer after receiving her Call to the Bar and is excited to establish her practice in the Pembina Valley.
Some of the awards she received were as follows:
- Celia & Philip Samual Rogers Memorial Scholarship (2012) – granted to a 4th year student of an English Honours program for academic excellence
- Rehana A. Meghani Memorial Scholarship (2015-2016) – granted to a 1st year law student with an interest in Human Rights Law.
- Tevlin Gleadle Curtis Scholarship in Employment Law (2018) – awarded to the law student who obtains the highest grade in Employment Law
When not practicing law, Karlie is passionate about giving back to the community in these ways:
- Pembina Valley Humane Society, Fundraising Co-chair, Board of Directors, 2021 – Present
- Run for the Cure, Team Captain 2012 – Present
- Run for the Cure, Winnipeg Run Director, 2020
Karlie primarily practices in the areas of family law, real estate law, and wills and estates. Her goal is to assist her clients in resolving their legal matters in the way best suited to meet their particular needs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Zainab is an articling student with Gilmour Braul Hiebert Law Office and an Internationally Trained Lawyer. She is a 2014 graduate from the Oba Ereduwa College of Law at Igbinedion University Okada in Edo State, Nigeria. She was called to the Nigerian Bar as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2015.
Prior to her immigration to Canada, she worked as a Junior Counsel in Abuka & Partner in Abuja, where she practiced in Corporate law , Family and Civil litigation amongst others.
During her mandatory service year in Nigeria, she volunteered her services with the Legal Aid Community Development Services (CDS), wherein she provided free legal advice to the indigent of the community. Zainab was part of the Legal Aid litigation team and her focus was assisting individuals remanded in the maximum facility prison still awaiting trial.
Zainab set up a team to set up a reformatory programs for convicted persons in prison, the programs ranged from teaching inmates the three Rs to setting up tutors for advance classes for willing inmates. Due to her participation and services during her service year, Zainab received a Meritorious Award from the Nigerian Prison Service and an award as the Most Supportive Female from the Legal Aid Group.
Zainab has settled in the Pembina Valley area and hopes to continue and build her practice here.
Our law office is successful because of our team. We are experienced, highly knowledgeable, and dedicated to providing efficient and effective services to our clients. Here we are taking a break to celebrate a 15 year work anniversary!
We always welcome resumes from fabulous folks!
If you’re interested in working as a Legal Assistant, please check out the job description and apply as directed.
Gilmour Braul Hiebert Law Office
Mailing Address: 504 Stanley Avenue, Winkler, MB R6W 0M3
Email: [email protected]